Getting a good night’s sleep is critical to your health in many ways. It can affect many things, from your metabolism to your mood. This means that it is important to work out what time to go to bed, in order to get that right amount of sleep.
Below is a general guideline to how much sleep you should be getting per night, due to your age.
- Birth to 3 months: 14 to 17 hours
- 4 to 11 months: 12 to 15 hours
- 1 to 2 years: 11 to 14 hours
- 3 to 5 years: 10 to 13 hours
- 6 to 13 years: 9 to 11 hours
- 14 to 17 years: 8 to 10 hours
- 18 to 64 years: 7 to 9 hours
- 65 years and older: 7 to 8 hours
For most of your adult life, you will find that 7-9 hours per night is the best amount of sleep to be having. Work out which amount will help you feel the most rested and factor it into your routine!